5 easy ways to resolve the hassles of online shopping
Online shopping is becoming prevalent today as it proves to be more convenient and practical compared to its brick and mortar counterparts.
In the United States alone, there are 230.05 million online shoppers, and statistics revealed that it’s expected to increase in the year 2021. Although e-commerce has been around since the early 90s, shoppers until now experience some hassles, but there are ways to avoid them.
Hassle-free online shopping tips you should consider
- Products that don’t meet your expectations – Marketers nowadays maximize technology use in presenting their products and this can be misleading. However it's easy to do your own research on the product you like. If you cannot test a product in a nearby store, it pays to read product reviews and look for other images of it in search engines.
- Failed deliveries – Occasionally online shops fail to deliver products. Aside from writing your address properly, you may want to have the product delivered to your office. Befriending the office receptionist will definitely lessen your delivery woes.
- Overpriced items – Get the lowest price of a product by using tools such as Google Shopping, PriceGrabber, and CamelCamelCamel. Also, make sure that you check other costs related to the item you’re buying to avoid hidden charges.
- Browser issues – Spare yourself from annoying fill out forms by installing password manager extensions like 1Password or LastPass. These extensions cleverly remember all the details you’ve entered and it will also prevent you from making mistakes when you’re buying in a rush.
- Shady online shops – Many of the lower priced online products are found in lesser-known online shops. However, doing so could make you susceptible to fraud. Ensure that you only make transactions with websites that use “secured [https] connection” that often have the padlock symbol alongside the website URL. Online shops are also secured if they have been verified by security providers like McAfee or Norton.
Online shopping mainly benefits people who want to buy products while in the comfort of their homes. However, doing the following tips may give you an enjoyable and hassle-free online shopping experience.