5 Popular Free PC Online Games in 2018
The free PC online gaming industry has not only thrived – it has flourished! Here are some of the most popular free PC online games this year.
Best PC online games for free
Because people generally take anything that’s free, online companies keep pushing free products and services to catch everyone’s attention.
But offering gameplay for free is not the main reason why PC online gaming has sustained its success despite the proliferation of other gaming platforms like the Xbox and PlayStation. Reason: it continues to create and evolve games that are completely engaging and absorbing.
Here are some of the most popular free PC online games:
1. Fortnite Battle Royale – Probably the most played game this year, this game actually has a very simple yet popular scenario. One hundred players are competing in a free-for-all “fight” and the last person standing is the winner. The developers keep it interesting by constantly adding new game modes and features to the scenario. Another cool feature of this game is that you can also play it in platforms other than a PC, such as Android, iOS, Xbox, and soon even PS4.
2. DOTA 2 – Although this game evolved from Warcraft, it can very much stand on its own. It is one of the most popular free online games out there that has created its own cult following. It has also spawned a serious tournament playing community that has become a multimillion-dollar industry.
3. Planetside 2 – This is a first-person battle game that is so unbelievably believable. Like most free online games, there are in-game purchases included but they are not necessary to be able to play competently. You’ll feel the adrenaline rush as you “assault enemy bases” or “ambush enemy convoys.”
4. Path of Exile – This is a dungeon crawler style game reminiscent of Diablo but with a definite twist. Great for Diablo aficionados, the game will take you to hidden levels as you gather skills keeping you looking for more.
5. League of Legends (LoL) – Also from the Creators of Warcraft and DOTA, this is a multi-player online game that has been around for some time. Like DOTA 2, LoL also has its own set of top tournaments with million-dollar prizes for winners.
Aside from being free, online games have become popular because they can be played in most PCs and smartphones. Keep in mind though that as you play any of the online games mentioned above, you’ll realize that you may need to use an online account to buy virtual stuff to make your online gaming more exciting.